Sunday, January 27, 2013

Concrete Planks


Concrete pavers come in all shapes and sizes these days.  They are now even available in a linear, board-like configuration.  I love the random openings in this one. 


These openings are filled with rocks, plants and even water.


These little beauties are available from Stepstone, Inc.  They are just perfect for long, linear applications such as paths or boardwalks.  People, by nature, love to follow a path and these concrete pavers are so directional.



I wonder if New York City’s High Line Park had any influence over their creation?




I won’t miss any opportunity to bring up the High Line.  It is truly one of my favorite parks!  If I lived in New York City, that’s where you’d fine me – strolling, walking, jogging or just sitting and watching the world go by.  Yep … who doesn’t like to stroll above the concete jungle amidst Piet Oudolf’s amazing plantings?  Now that we’ve got these cool new concrete pavers, hopefully we’ll see more of these linear parks in the works!



1 comment:

  1. This looks very nice, thanks so much for sharing. I recently had some concrete pavers come in and redo my entire backyard as well. Like yours, I think it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know your thoughts.